Monday, April 12, 2010

Back on the river

So I'm back from the conference and back online. Happy about both. The conference will take a bit more processing before it turns into any postings. It was excellent and very helpful. We really shifted gears this year. The speakers harmonized a bit more deeply and looked carefully at how the contemplative mind will help us stay in this transitional space and open up future possibilities.

Last year, I did not have the confidence to talk to nearly as many people as I did this time. Also it wore me out pretty thoroughly. I picked up Richard Rohr's "Everything Belongs". Last year I think I was making a mistake he mentions in that book: I was "pushing the river". The important thing is to realize that we're already in the river and to let us take us. Our old friend: surrender.

To completely mix metaphors: It is great to be back on solid ground. This spring has been quite an initiation for me.

Light and Peace this night.

No comments:

Post a Comment