Sunday, October 13, 2013

Funny because it is true

Though legally a member of the clergy since 12/31/2003, my real ordination stems from a line of clandestine priests in the Martinist tradition.  That ordination and simultaneous commissioning as a Knight (which is why I use Rev. Kt. if I stoop to titles), Defender and Protector of the Holy Sepulcher, took place on my 21st birthday weekend (so eight years earlier) in Vancouver B.C.

For years I've gotten professional rates on church related publications and many many publishing houses mistake me for an ultra-conservative catholic.  The only real record in a church of my status is with the Order of Preachers, i.e. the Dominicans (of inquisitorial fame).  I am a member of their Confraternity of the Holy Rosary.  My certificate refers to Rev. Kevin Day.

Take that, Quasimodo.

No comments:

Post a Comment