Monday, March 15, 2010

Two dreams from the past to seed the possible

First a block of text that is important enough to me to have been repasted and emailed and scrapbooked in a number of electronic formats over the years. It contains a record of an experience that will never leave me and a good word as it were that continues to give me hope. Clearly I've changed idiom somewhat in the intervening years since letting go of primarily relating through the universe through magick and with additional distance from my education in physics. Still the heart of it weaves through everything of me.

"At 4:13 PM on Monday June 2, 2003, I awoke from a dream which showed me the extent of the possibilities of life. At 4:18 I rose and began writing this journal, or at least this entry which may become a journal should that be necessary. The world I dreamed of was our own but it was realized in a very different way than usual. It was in fact the world where I was completely awake. I traveled on the threads of the life I lead in the dream which is in its details in all likelihood different from the one I am actually to lead. But it wasn’t the details which were prophetic, it was the process. Though I felt perfectly at center I knew that events, people, places, etc. were all in a constant swirl around me. The path of my life navigated space-time but was like a vibrating oscillator with nodes certainly of great importance, though each not weighted alike. I cannot even guarantee that either endpoint was fixed nor the line integral of my life constant, in fact I think those like basically all else in the universe could be changed if the proper energy were imparted over the right time. I was not a messiah in this life for lining up every tumbler to unlock every lock. I was still just me, one among many others, all creating our lives around us to a greater or lesser degree, though I did surprise more than a few people whose lives I crossed. The way the voice of the master within put it as I was preparing to rise from bed, something that resembled, 'This will not be the most important (meaning noticed) life on the planet, but it will be the life that will make you happy.' I’m not sure there is a practical lesson to take away here as this was really a demonstration of principles that I already theorized, but I expect the emotional impact will be very strong and this energy is essentially what drives the magickal techniques or forces involved. I may or may not at some point describe the manifestations and realizations of destiny which are possible and which I lived in my dream. They are difficult to verbalize and really do seem to function in a vector space of many dimensions: a vast system of equations which have their solution only in the sum total of the possibilities of existence."

A slice from another dream has eerie resonances with New Monasticism, which was in another world from the one I was in; despite the heavy Christian imagery of the gnosticism I called home at the time. This paragraph follows one in which I discuss religion as my calling and consider whether making a living should be at all related:

"There were several people that I was interacting with on many levels. The living situation seemed different. More involved. Paths to employment were not left out of the dream. Securing a source of income seemed to be high on the list of priorities. It also seemed to be parsed out and not only on me. I seemed to be connected in to a network of individuals that was getting things done."

Quite surprising to say the least when I found that tidbit while I looked for the other which was my intended post.

It is good to dream dreams.

Many blessings on this night.

No comments:

Post a Comment