Monday, May 3, 2010

Ok back to that traveling together thing

So I received a friendly reminder today that I can't effectively be doing this myself. There's a conference coming up next month. Following my old patterns I had been looking at it as an opportunity to get information. One of the organizers sent me a message suggesting that I aim for a team from the cathedral in order to help bring back the lessons more easily back into the parish.

Signing up for things is easy for me. Asking other to do things, less so. My natural inclination is to keep as my tasks under my personal control as possible. Luckily, my day work has involved management for three years no so delegation is becoming more natural. Somewhere between those two is actual collaboration.

Here's to hoping I can make that leap in the next five weeks. Last fall I had the impression that I would be in a very different place come June (why June, I've no idea). Perhaps so.

No comments:

Post a Comment